Recently, we discovered this article 10 Ways to Get the Most Out of Technology in The New York Times which has some great tips for making the most out of what you have as well as good upgrade ideas. Here are some highlights:
- A smartphone means you have immediate access to your e-mail, photos, calendars and contacts – plus you have the Internet in the palm of your hand.
- Speed up your web browsing – Firefox and Chrome are first-rate and fast loading. Some companies don’t allow browsers other than Internet Explorer on work computers, but consider changing on your home computer.
- Backup your photos, music and other files to free online services. Don’t risk losing precious memories and critical documents in a computer crash.
- Release your music from your computer’s speakers. Apple’s Airport Express lets you stream music from your computer to your home stereo. You can also plug your portable music player into most stereos.
- You can never have enough charging cables. Don’t let your phone die on you at the office, at home or in the car.
Here are a couple more financial related tech tips from Peoples Bank:
Get a debit card – Not only does this mean you’ll have to buy fewer checks, but debit cards are generally now accepted more places than personal checks. Debit cards are also much more safe and secure.
Sign up for Online Banking – It’s free and allows you to access your account information 24/7/365. We also offer free bill pay which helps you save stamps, envelopes, and checks.